Saturday, January 10, 2009

You May Run Like Mays, But You Catch Like Nyet

I decided stick figure theater was the best way to convey my catch in last night's softball game1. I've now made two of the best softball catches of my life in the Scottsdale Friday Night C League2. Crazy. Just note that this catch was backhanded, made on a full sprint after about 100 feet, past horizontal and I landed on my face without hurting myself. Or, something like this:

catch1

catch2

catchdiamond

catch3

catch4

1My shoulder is not quite 100%, but no significant pain last night while swinging last night in a 5-7, 3 2b, 1 3b effort. Huzzah.

2These two, a homerun robbing layout over my shoulder grab at Rice while on Paul's team (Paul & John Doll both commented that the plays on Sportscenter's Top 10 the next day were weak by comparison), a layout line drive stab at shortstop for an unassisted triple play in Arlington, and a 50 yard sprint layout into a pile of branches catch of a towering foul ball at Rice. You know, if you're keeping track.

No comments:

Post a Comment