Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mao.Tse.DONG.

The 265 foot fence could not contain my Ruthian 300 foot blast... yes, tonight, for the first time since April-or-so 1996, the Nyet Dog hit an out-of-the-park homerun. True, it was E-league softball, but it was a crushed no-doubter that sailed into the top of the tree that stands a good fifteen feet behind the fence in left center. A three run shot, and trotting around the bases while yelling at Genevieve to pick up the pace in front of me was GOOD TIMES. Even if the field was small, this was not a cheapy, and there are few feelings like hitting a ball on the nose - just perfect, Zenny fluid contact - and jogging around the basepaths carefree. Beck has made the requisite fun of me for trying not to smile as I walked back to the dugout and received congratulations from my stunned Il Veleno teammates.

So hooray for the Balladeer - an upbeat verse tonight that *almost* makes up for the groin I pulled at pickup tonight before the softball game. Beck and I had some celebratory greasy NY Pizza after game (with Ulti-pals Volo and EBay) and I am currently sipping a good-job-Nyet Newcastle. Tomorrow, it will be back to more serious, worklike things, but for now, yay for that 1996 feeling.

Oh yeah, and we won 16-2 or some such. Rolling lately, eh?!??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment