Monday, June 18, 2007

Flew Into New York City JF(ing)K / Didn't get to sleep last night

Guess who's back, back again... that's right, newly-wed Mr. & Mrs. Jones. Back just in time to spend exorbitant amount of cash on shipping computers and guitars to Phoenix - ugh. But given that our view of the world has been this for the past week:

I guess we will just stomach that as a real-world blow to our post-nuptial and honeymoon-in-Ti-Kaye-Village-in-St.-Lucia-induced bliss. Seriously seriously folks - our week in St. Lucia could not have been more idyllic. Setting aside the obvious puritanical class-guilt I suffered from all week from being waited on by third world citizens - tourism is indeed the new colonialism, and yes, capitalism is a bitch - everything about the resort was top-notch. Secluded, relaxing, not too pricey (though let's be honest, it was only not too pricey relative to what it could have been - they did pretty much have us trapped in the hillside with only one restaurant to go to, so they could have reamed us for whatever they wanted, but thankfully it was only *seriously expensive* and not "extraordinarily" or "extraplanetarily" or "here's what you get for oppressing us" expensive. Meaning - it was not cheap, but it was fantastically good and the pina coladas were only five bucks. I briefly considered putting umbrellas in my bed posts like notches of accomplishment, but the toothpicks weren't sharp enough. Somewhere there's a visa statement with an inventorial account of my proclivity for getting girl-drink drunk - and props to the commentor who threw that out there), all in all a superb time.

Unfortunately, we are living in a Mac-terial world and the following video notwithstanding, I am not a Macterial girl. I have all of our photos on this like Macbook, but I lack the brainpower and/or the Adobe Photoshop license to shrink the images to a reasonable blog-size. My PC is now in transit* to Sunny Azz, and as soon as I get that and a reliable internet connection, you will Snoop's upside your head with images of the Honeymoon. But until then, unless I can figure out how to alter files in iPhoto, you will be stuck with stock footage of ti kaye as-stolen from their website.

*Please note that the above ridiculous parenthetical which went to some length to describe the relative affordabiltiy of Ti Kaye is pretty much the exact opposite of any parenthetical I might throw in here. UPS charges a RE-DONKEY-U-LESS amount of money to ship things, but given the sensitive nature of our computers and my guitars, it's not like I could have thrown them in the back of the truck last month, and given the ridiculous size of them, we can't exactly pack them in the back of the Little Honda because, well, then, first through third gear would not be alright. So I am feeling a little suck-punched right now at the gaping hole in my wallet and thought I would mention it, full disclosure style, though as the always wise the Beck pointed out just now, moving is inevitably expensive and sooner or later things will return to their normal selves. Possibly.

And now, a video interlude:




Oh, good god Y'all. As long as we're doing this, we might as well do this. Here is a whole slew of wedding insanity. Starring, well, me and a little ditty from the one they call Neil:








Enough of that. More later. See y'all in 'Zona.

No comments:

Post a Comment