Monday, February 15, 2010

Worth Not(h)ing

I got incredibly antsy / stir crazy yesterday from hanging around the house all weekend and working, so i caved and went to pickup (against my perhaps better plan of giving my leg more time off). Fun times, though my knee still feels terrible on sharp cuts - it loosened up again and I was able to make a go of it, no bad pain on throwing or running generally, I just can't jump or make hard cuts without stabbing pains, and I'm moving pretty slow out there. Ugh (more PT this week). But I got my workout in before coming home to a shwank Valentine's dinner of cheese and flatbread and king crabs' legs which were super delicious.

The thing that is "worth noting" though is that we had a running joke about hitting a field goal on the pull, i.e. putting it through the uprights at the other end of the field (we play on a local middle school football field for Sunday pickup). Only yesterday, admittedly with a tailwind, I did it, sailed it over the crossbar ... with about 20 yards to spare. No joke - three points. That's 70 yards of field plus 25 yards of endzone plus another 20 yards (30 yards from the exaggerators!) for a roughly 115 yard throw. Of course, that is of pretty much zero Ultimate value, as the other team gets the disc at the 20 yard mark outside of their endzone. But nice for a novelty acty, and now I can always write "Dear Diary, today I threw a frisbee over 100 yards!" and know for sure it's the TRUTH.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment