Monday, March 24, 2008

Good News for People Who Like...

Nyet.

I just found out via a couple of e-mails (and a hard-copy letter that is being sent out in the postal mail today) that I was awarded a Special University Fellowship from the School of Life Sciences at ASU. This is very, very sweet. It includes a big fat stipend, tuition and fees coverage, health insurance, no teaching obligation for my first year, and guaranteed funding for the next four years, including summers. WAHOO! AS if that weren't enough, they're also giving me a stipend for moving expenses as an out-of-state student; I'll have to check the details on that one, seeing as looking out my window it certainly feels like I'm in state. But that would be right around the time we need to move out of this "luxury condo" anyways, so it may work out swimmingly.

That's all. Pretty great news, as things school-wise now look set. Now I just have to come through on all this "potential" I'm being told I have. Sigh... regardless, proof positive that studying for your GRE like a amphetamine-laden, vocabulary-obsessed ground squirrel pays off sometimes.

The parental visit account will continue soon. You'll also get a write-up of the ridiculously awesome weekend that Beck and I had here in currently beautiful but soon to be HOT Az. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment