Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dr. K-araoke & the Pool of Candy Goodness

GREAT time at the party last night. Dr. K's wife Sharon had busted out their blendertron 5000 and some kind of tequila-bot 9000 because wowsers, were those some effective margaritas. Before we even got to the karaoking, we had already gone down water slides, shot baskets, and played a seriously one-sided game of water volleyball 21-4, I believe). Beck had forgotten that it was going to be a swim party, so we didn't actually have suits with us - fortunately, our hosts graciously lent us some. Amazingly enough, as Dr. K is quite a bit skinner than Nyet, I fit into a pair of Dr. K's swim trunks - at least in the waist anyways; my thunderous thighs were a little tight, but it got the job done (and more importantly, didn't rip or fall off).

Dr. K kicked off the K-festivities with a sterling rendition of the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There," and he even pulled off the whole song in falsetto, no mean feat. I contributed a few songs from my staple collection - "Here I Go Again," "Sweet Child O'Mine," "The Greatest Love of All," and even a little bit of an encore Madonna dance while Shelly was singing "Like A Prayer." I also assisted Beck and Traci on - and if you guessed this, you win the free Ballad - Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer," and Beck and I teamed up on "Eternal Flame." Good times, and with all apologies to Tad, I'm pretty sure I won the looniest spouse award. Though on second thought, that may have gone to Katy, who was in full on talkative mode, having no correlation whatsoever with the number of times Tad topped off her margarita.

Like I said, just a really good time, fun crowd; I think they have quite the nice dynamic up there at Beck's clinic. Definitely not the typical "dragged to your spouse's office party" experience.

Beck and I managed to waste a lot of Sunday watching the BrettsJets game and trekking around to the local libraries and hanging by the pool. I got all of my law reading done for tomorrow; some spectacularly uninteresting stuff about law cases involving the health effects - or really, lack thereof - of silicone breast implants. The point is to discuss the relative merits of expert witnesses vs. judge appointed neutral panels, but the arguments were pretty clear after the first article and didn't *really* require the following five. Oh, well, it'll be better after discussion in class tomorrow anyways. Big day tomorrow, actually, now that I mention it, as I have a couple of meetings which will hopefully give me some direction for some papers and research projects this semester.

Ultimate this afternoon, and despite the 108 degree reading on the thermometer, something like 30+ people showed up. Great times; things seem primed for the start of League this week. I had quite the nice back and forth with Vince this afternoon; he's super awesome, as I have gushed before. BIG FUN on the way; we'll see how things go. I will undoubtedly keep you posted.

Beck and I capped the night with some "football food" - sausage from the grill - as we watched Peyton suffer an opening night defeat. I don't know about the rest of America, but I am not really feeling the football this year - other than to say that if the rumors that Chad Johnson *legally changed his name* to "Ocho Cinco" are true, then I have to say: well done, sir, well done.

Alright - Beck just challenged the factuality of my claim that I would "be there in two seconds," so I am going to cut this off and go to bed. I may drop out for a few days again here, so don't get disappointed if I go poof. More hilarious stories and things that give your absurd existence meaning are on their way. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment