Monday, February 16, 2009

Cold, Dead Hands, or A POST OF THE MUNDANE

For the second time in a week, I can't stop thinking about something. Last week it was that painful class (thanks for the messages of support); it kept me up late and my hard drive of a brain just spun and spun as I tried to figure out what had gone wrong and what else I could've done to prevent such a nasty experience. This time, I've lost my knitted fuzzy orange fingerless gloves that Beck made for me, and I CAN'T STOP RETRACING MY STEPS. ARGH!!!

Beck assures me that it's okay and she can knit me a new pair, but I really, really liked those gloves as they remind me of her and cold Grafton days and guitar and typing and hot coffee (hot for me anyways) and they are awesome bright orange to the point that some of my co-students (?) suggested that perhaps they had been stolen and used as highway flares. HA HA. I've been taking special care to always leave them in the same place - in my fleece pockets - and it just drives me nuts that they've vanished.

The clues - I definitely moved them from my brown fleece jacket to my orange one on Friday as I figured I would need them to drive home after the softball game. (Huh? you ask. I wear the green fleece to sporting events as it is older). I had both gloves in my right jacket pocket, and I guess they could have BOTH fallen out in the dugout? So maybe they're in Scottsdale or with a softball teammate, but I've e-mailed the team to no avail.

I went to Mama Java's the other day and definitely thought about taking them with me, but I don't think I ever actually picked them up and put them in my green hoodie pocket. I checked said pocket and called Mama Java's, again no dice.

Sunday, I wore my fleece to both Ultimate pickup and our stupid E-league softball game (stupid only in that it was gratuitously low level softball and if I lost my gloves for it, I'll be upset). We started on one field at frisbee and moved to another, plus we had Beck's and my stuff and we switched over to softball. So they could be somewhere at Rhodes, again if they BOTH fell out, which seems unlikely. I posted to the VOTS board to no response. Beck and I then went to the softball game, where I ran back to the car to get her wallet; I guess they could have fallen out sometime in there. So maybe they're on a street near Kiwanis park, or maybe they fell out in the dugout - again, e-mailed the softball team with no luck.

I dropped Beck off at home and went to the grocery store, where I don't think i put them on... I checked the grocery store lost and found today, NADA.

So I'm still holding out for discovering them somewhere around my now torn apart abode, but sadly I think they've probably just vanished into the ether. I am digging through my dresser, my Ultimate bag, my orange fleece for the fifteenth time, thinking that my sad gloves have now blown apart somewhere in Phoenix and are resting alone, covered with 'Zonan dust. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment