Monday, July 5, 2010

This is Not a Fun Blog, Vol. 3: Spinach

DSCF6774

Alright, this is getting silly, as at this point I'm just aping Beck's blog. But Beck's been throwing spinach recipes at me, trying to get something to stick, and last night* it stuck so well that I felt compelled to bake the recipe myself. It's a baked spinach cake recipe involving garlic, ricotta, and parmesan, and it is the serious good life. Seems to have turned out decently today, too, and now we have our veggie side ready for tonight. So in review, we've now got Nyet baking and baking spinach at that. Apocalypse This Afternoon. I also threw the leftover spinach from the bag in my lunchtime egg casserole thing, so fear that, too. Wowsers. Strange days are stranger.

* - Our July 4th festivities were off the hook, despite involving zero hot dogs, fajitas or fireworks (well, that we shot off; Sparkle still got scared). We started the day off with a trip to do the NYT XWord at Lola's over dreamy coffees and blueberry muffins. Came home to bake / cook / watch the Cubs get their collective face rearranged (they lost 14-3 to the Reds, giving up seven homeruns, including three to the Reds #8 hitter, in the process. Not the year). After a brief emergency run to the grocery store (Beck had purchased a bottle of Kahlua and taken it out of the store without having its security device removed; I took it back to get said device removed as Beck could not crack it at home. Given that Beck set off an alarm and walked out without a problem, and I set off an alarm and got a seventeen year old cashier to remove it for me without a receipt, Fry's is not exactly batting 1.000 with its security), Beck finished up cooking and we had, again as noted, as fantastic dinner of a variety of sliders, corn, broccolini, said spinach cakes, and ridiculous mini-pie / parfait desserts. Membership has its privileges. We capped the evening off with a couple of Wire episodes. Good day off...

Anyhoo... just wrapped up the mini summer session of grading papers, and now I'm officially onto my RA-ship. More about that later - I really just wanted to post some pics of my afternoon labor's product. Enjoy!

DSCF6772

No comments:

Post a Comment