Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ultimate is fun, Wrigley and Sparkle fight

I played Ultimate in the BUDA Winter Indoor Hat League last night and for the first time in a while had a really great time. Made some good plays (poach D and score, layout catch D, skyed a 6'5" guy) and all, but really it was just the good times feel - we even lost, but it was good to get out and run around, get exhausted. Plus I Texas-style hipchecked a guy and flipped him over, which was funnier than anything (he was okay) and actually not a foul on my part at all, as I had already gotten to the position and stopped completely next to the wall (I had nowhere to go) and he was running full speed and not looking - OUCH. I remain an Ultimate Frisbee Plus-sized model. Sorry dude. Anyways, a little sore today, but the knees are holding up, and I think it's high time I go into Ultimate training mode.

Also had a great lunch (Bollywood Grill) and coffee (Lala Java) with Meghan and Greg on Sunday, very fun times.

On a very down note - I feel terrible for the Bishops and want to extend all of our condolences to them. Carrie was a great, great dog and lived a great life; she will be sadly missed.

Our idiots got in a fight a couple of nights ago (over a wristband?!?!?) and Wrigley has a black eye and a gash under her jaw. She's being treated with Abx, NSAIDs and some ointment that makes her look like the guy from A Clockwork Orange. And the E-collar makes her sad. Sparkle has been in the proverbial doghouse and feels verry sorry.

That's about it. We're going out to Moe's tonight to eat with Beck's Pathology rotation. I will be the guy cracking "Homer, you fell on Aerosmith" jokes all night. And then I head home to draft my fantasy baseball team. These are the details that will keep your days going.

No comments:

Post a Comment