Friday, March 31, 2006

Out like a lamb. A fairly boring lamb.

Long week back on Maggie's Farm. Some good, some not. You know how it goes.

Monday Beck was on overnight for her first day of Large Animal Medicine, so i was on my lonesome, but played the abstract role of hero as I took Beck clothes, books, bedding and a Burger King Meal. I'm not sure about the relative karma of eating a cow while healing a horse; these are the kinds of situations that render Absolutism absurd. And actually, I retract all of that as Beck had fish and chicken instead of large animals. She is so respectful. And actually, so long as she didn't eat anything from the camelid category, she would've been fine - that night, she was tending to a baby camel and its mom who looked a lot cooler in real life than viewed through zoo cage bars or the occasional episode of Have Gun Will Travel.

So anyways, Monday alone with Jack Bauer, a girl could do worse (but I could do no better). And Tuesday was more of the same, though I got to see Beck and eat burritos. Stylin'. And then Wednesday rolled on, and then Thursday, and here we sit. COme to think of it, fairly uneventful week. I played a lot of guitar. Gave my students a test, they freaked out. Oh, and I have a secured position at the school next year, which is sweet. So yeah, rollin' on. Didn't get much done on the life improvement front. But coming up we have a four day weekend and:

Saturday Night Poker
Saturday Night Bball
Saturday Day Frisbee
Sunday Day Ultimate
Sunday Night Polaroid Dinner
Monday Night Bball Championship
Monday Day Opening Day

Plus Monday and Tuesday OFF, as the school is collectively headed to NYC for some performances. And yeah, if you don't know what a "Polaroid Dinner" is, well, you're just not in the know. And I am. You know, in the "no." Ha. Wokka, wok... oh, what's the point.

Other exciting things - I punched the bedroom wall while defending Beck in a dream; I saw dead people in my dreams (meaning living versions of people who have actually died, not, say, Al Gore) (and that actually started as a reference to his Jerry Garcia ties, not his exuberant Tipper-frenching personality, but turned out funny either way, or maybe would've been funny in 2000 or thereabouts, so in a way I'm the web's jay leno) (I probably should have gone with Bill Walton, eh?), and I had a nightmare that melded into reality, culminating in my thinking there was a large white Angel of Death type thing pointing at beck when, in actuality, it was her bedroom dresser, not pointing at all, being handless as it is. So yeah, those of you picked "psychosis" in your Nyet Jones office pool may be into some money by weekend's end.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - talked to Mike Gordon BFNB (best friend not bassist), the Tom Cruise to my John Cusask, yesterday. He was sipping champagne and watching a Caribbean sunset from a sailboat; I was driving on Route 122. Game, set, match, Gordon. He's (clearly) doing well on Spring Break. Also talked to Tufts Frisbee bud Zach Geller (no relation to Ross, or, quite unfortunately, Sarah Michelle) (let's all just take a moment and sigh... Buffy... thanks). Good week of staying in contact. Tires, you know.

Fun times in the neighborhood - hopefully I will come blazing back in the next few days with some life-altering but ultimately meaningless news. It's good to have goals. And I plan on starting The Posthumous Challenge this weekend and hopefully finishing it before April is over. We'll see.

Oh, and it's on, btw - gotta lose some weight, too much sitting around and Donut Dunkin' this winter. Ultimate time has come around, and hopefully my foot will wake up in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment