Sunday, April 2, 2006

Gambling on College B-ball and/or Poker is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.

Awesome Saturday! Goofed around a bit for the morning, called Ben and went and got some disc-tossing in before the thunderstorms rolled in. Good times. Came back and got everything set for poker night at the house (note, this poker night in no way involved the exchange of money, which would be illegal and therefore morally wrong. Instead, we layed for fractions of our souls.). Superfun - Ben, Val, Erin, Tom, Steve, Andrew, the Beck and I attended. We let the bball play in the background (congrats to Florida and UCLA headed to the finals, I'm glad we don't have to hear all the stupid George Mason glass slipper analogies any more, and did I mention that my friend Jon (a Tufts Eman) won about 900 souls with his bracket from the UCLA win? Most excellent) and listened to some tunes (more on that below). NEhoo, Ben was the big winner for the night, Val lost all of her souls, and Beck and I pulled the usual routine where I ended up two souls and she ended down 6 souls. Somewhere, Ethan Hawke is questioning my math...

Even better, I played Jamie's album and Beck managed to sell the extra copy we got to Steve. So Jamie, if you're reading, Beck owes you 10 dollars. And I just want some credit in the next album's liner notes for being your musical pimp, your musical Wheeler, if you will. Seriously, the give people beer and sell them things business model is still successful, if anyone was wondering.

And a short gossipy excerpt: Aaron's school did not advance past the second round of the UIL One-Act competition. So it goes: it turns out the judgment of art is subjective, or something. Who knew? Speaking of, did you hear the one about the honey farmer who went blind after an early Picasso hit him in the face?

Speaking of terrible puns, let it be known that today is the first day of the baseball season, and once again the two Cubs ace pitchers are on the DL, and even without Prior knowledge I'm guessing you Wood know who they are. If the moon ever sits in the seventh house, maybe the Cubs will start a season with, gasp, their entire rotation intact, and some non-chumps in the outfield. We could win 120 games! Now. Buddy Holly is questioning my math.

First game of Spring Hat League in t-minus 5 hours. I am very not in shape, largely thanks to my foot which, incidentally, feels fine after running around with Ben yesterday. So maybe it'll be alright. We'll see. Either way, layouts and such will abound. Guaranteed. Holla. All of those things. I will, natch, let you know how it goes down. And btw, the theme for the league is "Pirates," which is easily the most annoying thing they possibly could have thought up. I eagerly anticipate a season of peg leg, eye patches and things that rhyme with "Arrrrr" jokes. Ultimate: love the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment