Thursday, April 13, 2006

Poor Wigwee.

Lightning day - tutoring and extra help for trigees all morning, then a flash down 90 to get home in time to grab Wrigs and head to the vet for her vaccines - only Wrigs looked terrible. She has some weird contact dermatitis / burn / bite on her nose, something that baffled and residents and doctors alike. Started off the day as a small swelling and scab on the tip of her nose, and now it's exploded and quite frankly, tumor looking. Part of this is probably due to the fact that it's right on her chops, so there's nothing we can really do to keep her from licking - so it's irritated and relatively disgusting looking. We have her on benadryl for the time being with prednisone as a possible backup option, and it's hard to feel anything other than miserable for her as she waddles around the house in an e-collar. On the plus side, it seems to be bothering her not at all, she's smiling and happy as ever (except for the e-collar). So who knows. She's quickly getting the reputation of Wrigley "Interesting Case" Searl up at Tufts, a pattern I hope ends soon. We'll keep the silent you updated.

Tomorrow the plans is to tutor, teach Win's class, tutor more, give my own test, tutor more, go lift / track and then hang out with the '02 Emen, maybe watch my first baseball of the year. Just read a reasonably downbeat article by Chucky K on the irrelevance of baseball in the Bondsian era that was, per usual, good stuff, but a bit of a downer. I'm on a baseball low, myself, and not exactly sure why, but my fantasy team is utterly hopeless, and I've got no real urge to watch either. My dad briefly mentioned buying the mlb.com video package for me, so I suppose that my spark my interest. The honest thing is that Fever Pitch, review following, deflated me a bit. So we have that.

So the Walnut experience has been a little bit of a downer lately as well, probably because we're in the thick of performances and everyone is over-tired. Plus I found out today that Fran and Win are leaving. Oh yeah, and I'm not getting benefits for the fall. So more shit hanging over my head, in addition to the "I have nothing to do this summer, and btw I don't feel like doing anything either." 'Tis a freaking hilarious disease, this motivation-sapping bit, in that it saps me of the motivation to get over it. It's a vicious cycle.

Thanks, dude.

And thinking of the Nyet Jones experience vis-a-vis this website, I've been ruminating on the fact lately that I am in some kind of epic battle with my frontal lobes, my overly developed frontal lobes, which seem to be constantly keeping me in check, pushing out the love and keeping the jive in its socially acceptable holster. So now that everything resembling excitement about this POS has subsided, and it really is the voice in the void that I think on several psychological levels I wanted it to be, I am gonna go ahead and dial down the frontal lobes for the next paragraph.

Dammit. I can't even do it, it's not nice and I'm a slave to an unwanted conscience, so I'm just going to e-mail it privately to myself. It involves Aaron and his inability to do me a small favor that I've been asking of him since the beginning of the year. It would be very like him to not even know what I'm talking about; let's leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment