Monday, April 10, 2006

Grey skies are gonna clear up. Or something.

Okay, so a solid start to the working week. Beck was ON last night, so I woke up at 5:30 to walk and feed dogs, take out trash, clean up, shower, shave, breakfastand natch, pick out the perfect CD selection for my Monday drive. FTRecord, it was in part So Many Roads by GD, then the Gorillaz, then the Decemberists, then Erlend Oye for the day. Arrived at school through a surprising amount of 6:40 traffic, but got there by 7:20 or thereabouts nonetheless. Prepped for class, re-prepped for Bethany's Calculus, tutored Mark in Algebra II, met w/ Julie re: next year's job, had the calc session with Bethany, got no-showed by Rita (who it turns out is nauseated by her pain meds), read Nick Hornby for a while, taught more proofs to the Walnuts (who were thoroughly baffled by the weekend's homework) and got observed by Ms. Murphy during what I would not call my finest performance, but it wasn't exactly A+ material (I blame the script-writer). Met w/ Ms. Murphy re: my student comments and her observations of my class, drove back home via 90 and 495 in order to stop by the gym and do a solidly intense hour-long workout, came home, walked puppies, showered, went to taylor's house to teach Glycolysis / Kreb's / Oxidative Phosphorylation, came home to catch Beck leaving with kelly to go take WD and Morgan for a walk in the woods, hung out with Sparkle, practiced "Rocky Racoon" for 1/2 an hour, sat down, wrote this.

And THAT is why I don't blog that crap every day. It's incredibly tedious methinks. It was a fairly typical day in a string of typical days. Oh, how we await the atypical / how we shiver with antici...

But seriously, good gym workout, and I'm starving but feel okay. Beck's having car trouble. Who knows what the future will bring! Yippee!

On the plus side, JB on the tube tonight. And there's no time.

I have GOT to start writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment