Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Georgia on my Mind; Bugs on my Body

The Seventh Seal
Black Snow
Songlist

"People say that I'm out of touch with reality. That I'm insane. That sometimes I forget things, like who I am or where I am. Unimportant things. But I'm not insane. I am... a tick."



Ah, my blue brother, you quoter of quips, you easily programmable VCR clock, you modern appliance of Justice, thou highly accurate spam-blocking software in this Information Superhighway of Evil - a bevy of your brethren hitched a ride with my dogs and my ankles back to the home today. Seriously, mad disgusting ticks all over legs and bodies, all over Wrigs's and Sparks's faces. Gross. Creepy. At least 25 of them. And they won't die - i idiotically tossed one in the garbage only to see it crawling its way to the top 5 minutes later. So the lot of them were rendered sewer-bound via the harsh flush of Righteousness. Nauseating, disease-ridden bug - I call you Tick. Evil heathens, you non-scurvy-curing carriers of Lyme, may you never cross the threshold into my happy abode again.

So how did all those lobsters get on us mobsters today? It was silly kinds of hot in grafton, the dogs were looking painfully bored so I rewarded them for their good behavior over the past few days (and yes, they, unlike those Pavlovian bitches, do not need temporally-connected rewards to form accurate positive associations - I just put check marks in their dog contracts, alerting them to the appropriate actions with which they have garnered their just dessserts) with a trip to the woods around the corner. The woods were hot, muggy, buggy, and generally disgusting, plus some of the treees had been knocked all over the trails. So, natch, we got lost, and ended up hiking way out to a field somewhere behind Rte. 122. Not good. We hiked back, but by the end both dogs were panting like crazy, stopping every few seconds to cool off by lying in mud. Hooray. Even WD, after spending the first 60 minutes in typical full gallop, slowed to a trot by the end. And poor Farkle Splidarkle started limping with about a quarter mile to go, a quarter mile she traversed primarily on nyetback. Or nyetfront, I suppose; basically, I carried her quite a ways. She is not light. Nor was she not muddy. Blugh. So we drove home, and two dogs got deloused and bathed. Ah, the dog bath. An activity which, as Beck described, they begrudgingly accept. Tolerate, even. But they are decidedly not happy about the situation. It's like a liquid nail trim.

So, a disgusting day in the woods - did I mention the flies that were attempting to dock inside my ear canals the entire afternoon? On the plus side, the dogs are totally zonked and passed out in the living room right now. Good deal.

I've decided to take a stab at learning the White Album, so I added Back in the USSR to the songlist today. I'm trying to be systematic about it, which means that Dear Prudence is next, which means that I need to learn some fingerpicking. Which is cool; I figure if I force my way through a lot of the Beatles catalog, really trying to learn things as I go instead of doing hack jobs, I will accomplish a fair amount. We'll see.

Got a call from Zil today, who reminds everyone to take a gander at the Bozeman Police Blotter. IPMM sent me an e-mail explaining that she and the IPJ now own iShoes (given the IPJ moniker, I would have gone with iSandals. Really, you could run wild with this - IPJ delivering a sermon when one of his disciples, maybe iPod Thadeus, comes running up saying how they only have 2 tapes and 5 CDs, how will they ever rock out for the crowd of 5000, and then IPJ whips out the 40 gig iPod with 10,000 songs and everyone gets to rock out and then some. In fact, if Apple decides to go in this direction, I demand royalties).

So I'm watching Lost on another Beckless night in Mass. That's the plan for tonight. Hopefully, bedtime in there somewhere. We shall see. Oh, and I also watched Manhattan today, which I will review later. It did have a ditty of a beautiful line, though, when Woody and Mariel Hemingway are riding ona horse-drawn carriage and Woody calls her "God's answer to Job - I may do a lot of bad stuff, but I can also make this." Something like that. Great line.

No comments:

Post a Comment