Saturday, July 15, 2006

Shimmer!

Site or Gossip?

Einstein's Dreams
Harvey

A couple of great days in the guitar-verse the past few days - I don't know why, but I ripped through a lot of lesson material and have gotten things sounding pretty decent. I'm practicing a lot of technique stuff of late, so nothing really new song-wise, but I think I'll shift to learning some tunes ion the next couple of days. I also want to go over some finger-picking techniques, as I think for whatever reason that's finally clicking in my addled brain. These are all good things, but maybe not tha texciting for you. Anyhoo...

Running is going well; still painful foot-wise but tolerable. I haven't made it to an Ultimate game yet (due to the copious amounts of rain that have been ruining our fun these past few days), but hopefully the coming week will feature the great comeback. Or at least the comeback.

What else? Oh, I killed about 8 hours yesterday researching car purchasing. The one cab system has presented problems, and with school starting back up in a month or so, wanted to get our bases covered. So I read about Honda Civics all day yesterday, got a ton of local dealer quotes for new ones, and got some very low quotes - 17K for a brand new Civic Sedan LX with auto transmission. That's clearly a truckload of money. And we clearly don't have a truckload as of this second in time. But the hassle saved would be nice. And it's a great car, good ride, excellent gas mileage, we could apparently drive off cliffs and come out unscathed. AND I got all the requisite credit reports and it looks like I qualify for all the best loans. So - in short, whenever we feel like it and/or get enough cash saved up, I can join the faceless masses and drive a silver Civic. Hoo-ah.

I've got some driving down at the 'Nut to do today, and then we're meeting Shimon, an old buddy from Rice, downtown for some mayhem. Exciting times. The days roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment