Tuesday, July 18, 2006

REM sings Pop Song '89

Site or Gossip?

Drugstore Cowboy
Superman Returns
The Stupidest Angel
Poetry by Beck:
The Bull
Sleeping With The Dog In July

Oh man oh man oh man. I'll do my best John Cusack here for a vague Hi Fi take on the situation here in sunny Grafton.

Songs, off the top of my head, appropriate for the weather:

Summer in the City - The Lovin' Spoonful
Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochran
Summer's Cauldron - XTC
(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - Martha Reeves
Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes on) - Talking Heads
The Heat is On - Glen Frey
Hot Hot Hot - The Cure
Hot Pants - James Brown
Hot Stuff - Donna Summer
Hot & Bothered - Cinderella
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Hot Freaks - Guided By Voices
Hot For Teacher - Van Halen

Yeah. 95+, feels like 105+ thanks to the glorious humidity in the greater Boston area. I think Boston is probably up there in world ranking for crappiest weather. Maybe a close second to Siberia. But I swear that spring/fall combined lasts about 8 days, tops. It's basically winter here from October to May. And theorectically, it's "not hot for enough days" for A/C to be a standard thing. So life grinds to a halt as we swelter. I can't imagine how the Pilgrims did it. They propbably, like, murdered indigenous tribes to blow off steam. Or something.

So we caved last night and went to the movies to enjoy A/C for the low price of $10 for 3 hours. Apparently, there was some cartoon dude saving people and stuff, too; I didn't really care or notice. A Diet Coke and a Pretzel helped pass the time even more, and then Beck and I hit an interesting little restaurant called Thank God I'm (Never Eating There Again No Matter How Much You Pay me, Especially On) Fridays. It was the only one open after the flick, so we were pretty much stuck - thanks a lot Boston and your 10 pm curfews - friggin' Puritans - always killing indigenous tribes and going to bed at 10 and such - so I suffered some decidedly not-Cajun Chicken Fingers and Beck had a drenched in dressing chicken Caesar Salad. Caesar. I barely even... wow, it's hot.

So today I caved some more and installed the single room unit in our bedroom. Which means the bedroom has been a bastion of 75 degree bliss. Which means the dogs, much to their confusion, have spent the bulk of their day in there. Disadvantageous due to the lack of TV, er, windows in there, so I've been playing games with them to pass the time. I've been playing guitar and reading a new book that the Beck got me to survive the heat - we're supposedly having T-storms this evening to extend the awesomeness of today, so I elected not to drive down for 105 degree Ultimate and more disappointment.

So - there we stand. Beck's barbeque-ing up some Turkey burgers as I sit here typing; I am psyched. Big Pork Chop practice tomorrow evening, and I have got to get my butt down to that. YEAH! SO HOT in the HOT TUB!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment