Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And From the Depths Comes Crawling...

This kind of re-introduction requires the subtle frost-fog mist of an early December New England day, though such a coincidental atmosphere is n'ere to be found, thanks entirely to global warming and/or its bastard cousin, miscellaneous weather pattern. So in lieu of such appropriate scenery, I'll settle for a 50 degree Natick day, bright and sunny with shadows forming in a cicada rhythm. That's the backdrop to the reappearance, the turtlish head poking, the Punxsutawney filling of the empty horizon, the Nyet Jones resurgence. Nyet Jones RESURGENCE!

That's right, I'm back (shrugging off the urge to write "he's back') after an absurd 3 months sans posting. In an ideal world I'd be in a cafe in Paris sporting the appropriate 3 months of unkempt facial hair. I'm not. I'm clean-shaven and sitting in The Math Office at the Walnut Hill School, staring out the window at the aforementioned unsnowy landscape. Things are winding down here in the last week before break: my Stats class is doing a week-long written/data collection/research project, and my Algebra II class is studying for a chapter 8 exam on Thursday to be followed by general mayhem on Friday, a math utopian holiday I have dubbed "General Awesomeness." It will be nothing short of Shaweet.

Tonight I will finish baking several dozen cookies for my advisees tomorrow. The plunge into the suburban nightmare has continued; the barometer reading continues to rise. There's some vague notion of a countdown towards if nothing else geographically varied situations, but the plans for the future remain as cryptic as this sentence. Hell, the plans for tomorrow remain just as cryptic. In the short run, it's at least 6 more moths of Nutsanity, which has passed the time nicely thus far.

That's it for the initial tease. This and more, coming up. I owe the internet a lot of reviews and tales, and they'll all be rearing their collective head in the next week or so. Get excited.

The Nyet is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment