Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Fantastic Day

So Beck left this AM at 5:30 - Grrr, Argh. And try as I might, the pleasant putter of the '92 Legacy left me wide awake. So I looked at S & W, asked them how do they do it, how they lie around all day and accomplish nothing - but they were mute. So I got out of bed. Sat down at la computadora to check the e-mail, glancing down at the clock and annoyedly noted it was 5:32 and there was little to no chance that anyone had actually e-mailed in the past seven hours.

But someone had! One of my tutees e-mailed to reschedule for Wednesday. Golden, a day off. So I glanced around at the atrocity that is our study, glanced further at the atrocity that is our apartment - and more or less fixed it.

Yes! I spent the day cleaning the apartment. Now this may sound like a big bag of vacuum to some of you, but I cranked the tunes as early as decency would allow (for the record: 10 AM) and swept and laundered and vacuumed and recycled; my how I recycled. The study is clean. More importantly, my desk is clean; even more importantly, hell, most importantly, *beck's* desk is clean - you have no idea. We're talking a Halley's comet type frequency of cleanliness in that little corner of the world. And now it sits there sparkling, nary a stray envelope to be found. I RULE!

So I finsihed up about 4, took the pups for a "double-u" and am now chillin', listening to tunes and awaiting the return of a shocked beck. Awesome!

So, Searls take note: as of this second the apartment is spectacular. Any damage/dirt/disorderliness that you encounter when you visit in my absence next week can be plainly pinned on beck or the dogs. I am innocent!

But if I did make a mess in the apartment, here's how I did it...

No comments:

Post a Comment