Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Shaven, Still Not Stirring

Heat continues to rule the day / headlines here in Sunny, Sunny Azz. Took the pups in to get a fur cut today and they're still lounging around the house like sweaty Cleopatras. No relief in sight. We get what we deserve!

Am continuing on the road-blazing trail: I indeed ran 3 miles on Sunday morning to complete the 30 for last week, and have since run 7 on the roads and 4 on the treadmill and another 3 jogging / sprinting combo this morning. So that's 14 for this week, 44 for the one month time frame. Yeeha!

As a consequence, though, I am hella tired. Barely made it through my scant tutoring hours today, though that is admittedly 50% due to exhaustion, 50% due to sheer boredom with all aspects of the SAT. Blar.

Tired as I am, I am not touching the Beckian levels of last Saturday. She came home from work, we started to eat some of the leftover pizza from Friday and next thing I knew, she was muttering, "I'm just going to rest my head," and falling asleep. At 6:30, or thereabouts. So much for the Deadwood marathon. We both effectively hung out around the house on Sunday, stopping momentarily to lunge in the pool. Man-o-man, no fun this time o' year. We did managed to take in a few more Deadwood eps and are now just about at the thrilling conclusion of season 3, looking forward to some Hearst-blood. We shall see.

Speaking of blood: poor Beck got attacked by a clawless cat today who sank its fangs into her hands multiple times. She then had to go to the clinic to get antibiotics, which apparently came in the form of shots... in her hands. Ouch. Occupational hazard, but still, no good. I am taking the dinner reins tonight in order to help her rest her paws.

And speaking of dinner: Beck is kicking all kinds of culinary butt these days. Yummy salmon on Sunday, turkey burgers last night... all delicious. I am reminded every day how much I WIN.

Speaking of, there's a leftover turkey burger calling my name for lunch. Mmmmmm...

(Btw: some reviews are slowly making their was down the Ballad Factory conveyor belt. SO you have that to look forward to. Some of them will come from my lauded "And Civilization" series. Get psyched!).

No comments:

Post a Comment