Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Project: Fortress

So my latest thing to bide the time until real life rerestarts is a new project: I'm putting together a soundtrack for the novel I just read, The Fortress of Solitude, which takes place primarily during the 1970s Soul Era and late 70s / early 80s punk / post-punk / new-wave era. I'm discovering lots of great soul, funk and other extraneous tunes via this process. Highly entertaining, and should be highly cool when I'm finished. I'll let you know. But how this affects you in the immediate present is that you should drop everything now and check out this excellent cover from depressed soul crooner Donny Hathaway. Pretty friggin' gorgeous if you ask me (pay no attention to the boring video; just crank the volume and listen to one sweet voice):


No comments:

Post a Comment