Saturday, September 19, 2009

Barkeep, gimme a drink / That's when she caught my eye

Keep this on the DL, but I've manage to play Ultimate four times now without my leg falling off. This Tuesday the Inglourious Confessions of a Huckaholic put up a good fight against a solid team consisting of Streit, Joe, Wade, Lexi, Ned, Nate, & others. Way too much handling / experience / legs on that team relative to ours; they pulled out ahead initially and though we fought back to lose it 14-11, I don't think the outcome was ever really in question. Our team has everybody coming out, which is cool, but we have a big mix of talent, and getting everybody out there means putting out a lot of very unbalanced lines. We'll push through and have fun, but with the frank amount of inexperience on our team, it's going to be hard to hide anybody.

The game did include the pleasure of having my calf stepped on and pretty badly bruised and then getting a foul called on me. Awesome! Same person griped when I called violation after he caught a disc running, ran out of bounds, and then checked the disc in five yards in-bounds. VOTS in the house. This kinda stuff is ceasing to be worth talking about.

More importantly in terms of this post's title, I felt great while playing, and the knee didn't flare up as much this time the next couple of days. Got sore after a run on Friday, but bounced back after that well, too. This morning I went to Sprawl practice and ran around with the supposed big guns a little bit, and it felt okay while playing and fells okay thus far. Here's hoping the proverbial corner has been turned - I'm still not going to challenge it by playing two days in a row just yet.

So that's it - just a little better-spirited announcement that I'm maybe getting to the point where I can play sports again. The goal right now is to keep it together til Regionals and make an actual, non stat-nerd contribution to Sprawl. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment