Monday, September 28, 2009

What a Way / To Start the Day

I wasn't kidding:

DSCF5764

Oh, hi neighbors. I can't quite see you with all that glare... allow me to walk around my car to converse with you.

DSCF5768

My, you don't look well. And I can't hear you; perhaps you are hoarse? Allow me to step closer...

DSCF5767

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I look forward to having that experience for the next 33 days.

Oh, and something I neglected to mention from Saturday's golfing exploits: On a 295 yard par four, I hit my driver perfectly and rolled the ball into a sandtrap to the right of the green. BOO-YEAH POWER. But that wasn't the best, no, not yet. I blasted out of the trap and dropped the ball within eight feet of the hole! And then, miracle of mircales, hit the perfectly straight putt. That's right, BIRDIE! Up and down style! It was more or less the only highlight of the day, but hey, we'll take it.

I'm off to Sprawl it up in about half an hour. Feel the excitement! Fell the... utter tiredness and desire to go to sleep now after a long day at school. NO! Fight through it! Will let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, ponder this - I'm writing a paper for my applied ethics course comparing Epicurus and Camus. Eh? And there's actually an ounce of commonality (even if they drift from that ounce quite rapidly). I am very tempted to talk about the paradox of immortality by discussing David Byrne's "Heaven" lyrics*. We'll see. Ultimate. Now!

* - E.g., "Heaven /Heaven is a place/ A place where nothing / Nothing ever happens." Epicurus seems to argue that life derives the quality of its pleasures from its temporality, whereas Camus seems to argue that life's temporality is one of the main contributors to its absurdity. But immortality has all kinds of vampire-style boredom attached, no? I will also be shocked if my essay does not contain the phrase "clove-smoking black-clad adolescents." Once again, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment