Saturday, December 26, 2009

Beck: The Early Works, Plus Holiday Pics (Take Two)

The following is the song "I've Never Had Any Parents," composed by Beck, year unknown, for the character Monica, the lead role in one of Beck's many musitragicals.

DSCF5930

Lyrics:

I've never had any parents, I probably never will,
They died in a fire when I was two days old,
I've been here ever since.
But there is always hope for the future,
You never know, someone might come,
And love you.
I dream at night of my mother,
She's beautiful, like me,
Her hair is brown and it curls at the sides,
Her eyes are big and tender loving,
No one will ever love me like her.
My father is handsome as anything,
With black hair and soft blues eyes,
He loves to play in the yard with me,
And he never wears polka-dotted ties!
But who in the world would love me like him ...
Yes there is always hope for the future.

While you're trying to digest that, here are some holiday pics from Rachacha for your enjoyment.

Skyping with Meghan/Greg's nephew/nieces:

IMG_1347 IMG_1349

Intense breakfast conversation (and new profile pic) - you may be shocked to realize that the pirate-rag on my head above and the neckband in this picture are the EXACT SAME GARMENT!!!:

IMG_1351

The iPFam - and despite all appearances, no, Wrigley is not existing in an alternate dimension inside my chest:

IMG_1354

Joanne, who owns the local movie theater, recently made Zil a star about town by featuring her 30th on the 30th birthday on the marquee. Beck got the royal treatment this weekend (as did some fellow named "Nate"):

DSCF5925 DSCF5926 DSCF5927
IMG_1365

Speaking of Zil, here she is, vastly improving the aesthetic qualities of what would have otherwise been a ho-hum picture! Great to see Zil and Lilly and the rest of the Bishops today for a great brunch by Beck:

IMG_1366

Happy holidays again everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment