Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's So Easy Being Green, Indeed

DSCF5921

It's So Easy (Being Green) completed an undefeated regular season last night, going 5-0 with a plus-minus of +37. Egads! We are now primed to choke away the playoffs (especially with Tom "Mary Kay Product" Studer being absent for the semis and finals on Thursday, ugh), but I thought I'd get this relaxed shot of Kermit in while I could. We clicked pretty well last night - 'twas a windless evening, and I got off about 6 or 7 big hucks for scores, got a nasty IO scoober off to Kyle for an easy goal and actually made a D or two - even managed to win a jump-disc against J-Trant, a complete novelty. Highlight of the night was an incut for Sullivan - he threw a forehand well off to my right / behind me, so in a distinct effort to not plant back and tear an ACL, I got my feet off the ground, laid out backwards and snagged the trailing edge of the disc. It can only be described as "Matrix-esque." Got some oohs and aahs from onlookers and everything. Also stood up and chucked it 50+ yards for the score after that, so yeah... Sportscenter here I come.

Anyways, yeah, this short season has been fun this far, and hopefully we'll pull it out tomorrow. Though it's going to be tough - without Studer, we'll have to bump up our defensive matchups, always a pain in the arse when other teams have two or three burners. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment