Wednesday, April 21, 2010

3BK - Pool Play - Game One

3BK looked pretty sharp with a very efficient 40 minute 13-3 win over FIGJAM. Very few turns, LOTS of aggressive D, and Keith et al had trouble getting it going, even with some switcheroo guy on girl D on Lindsey. Nothing much else to say - good teamwide effort from the blue peeps. The count:

1,2,3-0; 3-1; 4-1; 4-2; 5,6,7-2; 8,9-2; 9-3; 10,11,12,13-3.

I started the game with a layout D on their goal-line, and threw a flick to Lindsey, and it was pretty much on from there. Definite personal highlight was a siiiiick layout trailing edge catch on a lasery huck from Al (that oddly elicited zero response from the crowd), and I otherwise played well, with D's and breakmarks and hucks and the usual. My knee held up okay, too, though the aforementioned layout reopened my side. Ouch. On the evil front, I was overly amped for this game and need to watch it by all accounts, so I'll try to rein it in a bit for the weekend. Kinder, gentler Nyet takes some knockout blows from the hatestick come playoff time, so I'll try to correct that in the never-ending war to control the aggro tendencies on the field. Not really worth talking about further than that, because if people aren't going to talk to me directly, I hardly owe them anything other than a sincere effort to as an underachiever please try harder.

Good to see the 3BK in sync, good to get solid all around play, and really nice to head into the weekend on the plus side. We've got a couple of tough Wednesday opponents in Tim Streit's team and Cisco's team, so should be exciting. Sorry for the lackluster review, but this game and all its surrounding hoopla deserve it. Here's to a more exciting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment