Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Hot; Ridiculous Ultimate; Spastic Siblings; Hurricane Stanleys; Tickle-Me-Ridiculous-Plot

Site or Gossip?

CBS Update

The AJ has hit South Grafton, yo, and it will never be the same. He joins us in our time of insane heatwave, unfortunately, so we're all cooking a little bit in the apartment. Bah - 97 degrees or so the last couple of days. Nothing a little fan or one-room AC unit or, failing those, and if you're a dog, a bowlful of ice cubes can't cure. He should be fine with the heat anyways, as should everyone, lest I launch into a Texas-two-a-days diatribe. Crap, Johnson, you couldn't run out of sight in a week.

Let's see - some rather unwise persons, let's call them Dom and Mad, had Aaron Z-rayed only to learn that he has some mild congenital hip dysplasia. I am sure it is uncomfortable - but it seems to have been an act of enablement, giving him "hard scientific medical evidence" that he can wiggle around and spastically move like a orangutan suffering from heroin withdrawal. I mean, the neck cricks, shoulder and back-popping were ludicrous enough, but now it's full body insanity - he can't just sit and watch TV, he does Roxette leg kicks and spasms and good lord is it distracting. Like I said, I am sorry he has an uncomfortable hip, but his method of dealing with it makes him look like he has some spastic axial Tourette's or something. He theoretically has stretches and exercises to do, but I 1, can't suggest that he do them, for that would be an intrusion on his very soul, so 2, I will keep a rough count of how many times I see him do them over the next few days. Shockingly, at the start of the 36th hour, the odometer is still stuck on zero. As long as I'm bitching, on the ride home last night he began trying to recount which of my stories he had read, and he managed to recall all of 2 pages. So he says he's going to "read them while he's here" so we can talk about them. If you need a job done four months after the fact, Aaron is your man.

Picked Aaron up at the aeropuerto Sunday evening, and it took us nine years to get back from Providence - the New England "unmarked road" phenomena were in full effect. We watched Game 5 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night; very disheartening for the Dallas fans out there. The foul called on Nowitzki with 1.6 seconds left (on DWade) was, um, interesting - the general consensus is that the last few seconds of the game, particularly in THE FINALS, are "let them play" seconds. So calling a phantom foul on Dirk to give Miami the win is kind absurd. I like free throws as much as the next guy, but 25 of them? I suppose Wade has more star-power than Dier Dirk. Hmph. Anyhoo, Beck made burritos, very delicious, and we had a good night at home.

Aaron slept until 11 Monday; got up for a little while to jam on guitar a bit and then went back to sleep. We watched the first hour and a half of St. Elmo's Fire, and jeebus, I'm going to have to review that film. I couldn't sit still to watch it - is Aaron's hip infectious? - just way too much awkwardness, preposterous story lines and characters (Emilio?), etc. So bad it's bad kinda thing. We only watched the first 1.5 hours of it because we had to leave at 4 to go to my Ultimate game...

Just another dumb experience under the belt. Nothing to do with the actual Ultimate, and actually more to do with the lack of actual Ultimate. We were supposed to play BBN in Lexington, which is not a stone's throw from Grafton. I needed to stop by the Natick Library; Aaron needed some shoes. So we left the house at 4:15, got to Natick, did our things, and left there about 5:20. We got to Lexington a little after 6 thanks to some more unlabeled Boston streets. SO we get there, and BBN is there, but so is some other bunch of quacks. So the BBN captain had double-booked us, and the brilliant solution was for them to play to 11 and then we would play BBN afterwards. We half-heartedly scrimmaged in the meantime, and then got to play for a whopping 25 minutes or so when it got dark and mosquito-y. Bah. Big fat waste of time - on the plus side, my knee and shoulders felt a lot better, but I mashed my heel at some point during the game and am limping around today. So I think I am officially boycotting the MIT game tonight. STUPID!

Aaron and I stopped by Chili's in Framingham on the way back to get dinner and watch Carolina win the Stanley Cup in a fun hockey game. The local regulars were out in full force last night, so I suppose we got to see the makings of a really lame, corporate white-washed and American standardized real life version of St. Elmo's Fire. The characters in the bar were vastly less attractive, though mounds more believable and infinitely less annoying. Fun to see Carolina hoist the Cup, and glad they didn't let Edmonton run the table on them. We came back here and I showered and pretty much immediately went to bed. I just came to the computer this morning - Aaaron & Beck are asleep - to find THIS on my desktop, so maybe Aaron will come through this time.

Whatever. Fun having AJ in the hizza. We'll try to do some recording today, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment