Saturday, June 17, 2006

What was that CSNY song again???

Site or Gossip?

Gossip: The A-Child - that's right, my brother, AJ Wright - lands tomorrow evening. We are going to tear South Grafton up, yo! Seriously, I am excited, and hopefully we will collaborate on some music / writing projects. Should be awesome. I'll keep you updated.

Back2Blog: Slow week involving a whole lot of reading, guitar-playing and general computer maintenance. Also, what with the one car (and the fact that I ain't workin'), a lot of trips to Rebecca Maggiedeleine's Farm. Er, Vet School. She's been on her radiology rotation, and has likewise had little to nothing going on. I apologize for the severe dearth of content, but I figured I would just wait for the dog to strike me rather than report a whole lot of "today I made coffee" type entries. Wait - did I just say wait for the dog to strike me?



Yeah, it looked something vaguely like that. I had just gotten a haircut at our local Supercuts from a new girl, let's call her "Jenny." An although-unbeknownst-to-me fateful moment occurred between us when Jenny asked, " how do you want the sides?" normally I reply with an ambiguous "somewhere between a 1 and a 2," which almost unfailingly garners me a 1 and a half. Today, thought, I wasn't really thinking, and so I just said, "short, I just don't want my hair hanging over my ears." She said, "Okay, how about a two," and apparently my desire for shortness did not come across.

So Jenny's cut was suboptimal, really left the sides too long and the hairs were sticking out uneven lengths. Not Krusty-sticking out, but sticking out nonetheless. So I went into the bathroom when I got home, pulled out my electric razor/clippers and... did nothing. The battery was dead, so I had to plug it in. Another fatal mistake. Well, not fatal, but... the toothbrush charger and the iStation were plugged into the bathroom socket, so I unplugged the iStation and opened the door to set its adaptor on the counter. I failed to close the door this time, which I suppose was the actual mistake in this entire mess. SO I plugged in the razor, went to lightly trim the edge of my sideburns when... um, see above.

SPARKLE!!!! She came flying in the bathroom - I had not adequately petted her hello on my way into the apartment, and here she took he vengeance. She jumped up at me and I instantly thought that I should keep the electric charger from falling in the sink. Mind you, the sink had no water in it, so my chances of being electrocuted were slim to none, but still safety first (except, apparently, when it comes to using razors near your head and leaving doors open). So I lunged (okay, quickly jabbed) the foot to my left to catch the electric charger and felt a slight buzz at my right temple. Here is the result of that slight buzz:



Yowsers. A little bit of yelling at the Sparkle, I confess, followed, but really, what can you do. I spent about five seconds trying to fix it but ended up with what looked like the start of a moronically hideous bowl cut so I stopped. Luckily, there's a new barbershop around the block, so I went there for an emergency fix - couldn't very well walk around with a hideous bowl cut, you know, what with my fans and all. He did this:



To the back and top, and that's pretty much the only detailed shot I can show you without vomiting all over the keyboard. Yep, I look a little hideous, but better now than with the sideburn-ectomy I had given myself moments before. In fact, I proceeded to shave me 5 day beard into a goatee to give myself a psychotic killer kinda motif. Instead I may have ended up with some odd combo of Beaker the Muppet, Luis Gonzalez (oddly enough also known by a Muppet nickname, Gonzo), and my childhood friend Brian Baker in his shaven-headed Aggie Drum Corps days. Well, here's the happy result:



SO, mothers hide your daughters, and don't leave the door open when Sparkle is in your apartment and you're trying to do a touchup job on a bad haircut. Lest you end up like THAT. Actually, it's not terrible, I just don't look much like myself. And it's hard to play nice acoustic love songs this way. I may have to exclusively do acoustic Pantera covers from now on. Mouth for WAR!!!!

That's basically been the meat of the week. If I had a bag on my shoulder, perhaps I'd look even MORE like a military man. Anyhoo - I will try to get something daily going for Aaron's stay. Until then, because it's now running through my head, I'll leave you with these touching lyrics from Diamond Darrel (RIP) et al:

"Mouth For War" by Pantera

Revenge! I'm screaming revenge again.
Wrong! I've been wrong for far too long.
Been constantly so frustrated: I've moved mountains with less.
When I channel my hate to productive I don't find it hard to impress.

Bones! In traction!
Hands break to hone raw energy.
Bold! And disastrous!
My ears can't hear what you say to me.

Hold your mouth for war
Use it for what it's for
Speak the truth about me
Determined!

Possessed! I feel a conquering will down inside me.
Strength! The strength of many to crush who might stop me.
My strength is in number, and my soul lies in every one.
The releasing of anger can better any medicine under the sun

Hold your mouth for war
Use it for what it's for
Speak the truth about me
Determined!

(Insert Freaking Sweet Guitar Solo Here)

There comes a time within everyone to close your eyes to what's real...

No comprehension to fail / I vacuum the wind for my sail / Can't be the rest / Let others waste my time / Owning success is the bottom line / Like a knife into flesh / After life is to death / Pulling and punching the rest of duration / NO ONE can piss on this determination! / HUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment