Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wedageddon

Thursday morning in the throes of a famous Streissand movie, The Week We Wed. Wowsers, it's been crazy. And I just got here!

Here is Rochester and more specifically the Searl kitchen, where looking out the bay windows I can see a slew of centerpiece potted flowers (called heliotropes, I believe) and two shepherd's staffs that Beck and I wove with purple/blue/white flowers. It's all quite lovely. In fact, why describe when I can show...




To catch things up, I nabbed Ben and Ali from the airport on Monday night after a weekend of taking care of the Heidster. Who is that, you ask?



Yep, Heidi rules. We had a very fun weekend together, up to and including her sleeping on top of me in the guest bed and then licking me awake at 5 am a couple of times. Hellsyeah! So on the way home from the airport, Benali and i attempted to have a little farewell dinner in Westborough and were badly shot down at the Canyon Cafe. So we went to (Gee) Willikers and "enjoyed" some subpar margaritas and "fine" dining. And an insane woman tried to bus our table. Odd.

So a solid last night with Gringoat, and I woke up CRAZY kinds of early on Tuesday to head down to school. But FIRST - the Honda dealership. I had this grand plan to get an iPod jack installed in the car for our coming cross country trek, and the price quoted to me at Bernardi was $170. So I dropped the car off there and walked the remaining 2 miles to school (uphill, snow, etc.). And then they called me at 7:45 to tell me it was actually going to be $410. WHAAAAA??? No Dice-K, man. So I had to cancel the order and after class, walk BACK to the Honda dealership. PUNKS!!!! Bernardi Honda, may you burn in a stereo-accessory-less Hell.

So that whole experience was aggravating, but the last day at the Nut was crushingly sweet. My class managed to not be complete jerks, Danielle stopped off and gave me a present, Tory and Grace baked me a cake, and the science / math departments sent me off kindly with gifts. Here are some pictorial accounts of the last day at the Hill; my Nutty friends, I will miss you.

First, the SASI Swans:


And the rest of the class:


And Danielle with mmmmGift, mmmmkay:


And Tory and Grace, and the cake:



ANd the most excellent set of Math/Science types ever to attempt the education of right-brained yahoos:


ANd the Nut as I left it:


So I then BOOKED it home to my empty apartment...


Packed (not pahked) the car and left Massachsetts in the rearview:


And now here I am, that's great it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes and aeroplanes and t-minus 2 days. YIKES! Speaking of, I have to go get some wedding-ness in gear, but I promise I will get more up here soon.

ANd don't worry, I definitely know that I still owe a graduation account and some general recall of the past week and a half or so. But now, on to the details. Be back with more soon.

P.S. I shouldn't fail to add names to the Walnut photos. That's Corin, Jon, Anne, Me, Kathi and Anne B. And the SASI class photos are Jourdan, Nicole (son of a pro baseball player!) and Hope, and the class picture is (standing) Mengting, Celine, Brad, Aaron, Jourdan, Hope, Josh, Vicky, Justine, Vicky, Enzo, Sooji (sitting) Caitlin, Nicole and (prone) Marc.

P.P.S. I also shouldn't fail to mention that my last day was very nice - I got cards from a lot of students, including some of my Taiwanese students who told me that I had helped them a lot with their confidence in math and english and everything. Good times. I will miss a selective number of my students. That SASI class, though - sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment