Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Morning After

Ouch. After two big wins last night (but a whole lot of running on a hard field and some very unforgiving / need to be retired cleats), I came home extra-sore and unable to sleep. Blar. When I did sleep, I had some borderline fever dreams about how sleep was no longer possible in this universe. This type of thing is, understandably, quite disturbing. Still I press on.

Games were great - our team, as predicted, is very fast and good and deep, really no weak links. It's also full to the brim of some very competitive peeps, which is sweet because everyone goes all out, and not sweet because a lot of people get a case of the yells. I played well overall, good handling, dumping, and D, no drops, and even a couple of scores / thrown scores, but I did not have my best night hucking-wise - though this is a bit of an overstatement; really I just overthrew Cole twice. My other hucks were badly misread, dropped x 2, and one completed. So it's a crappy feeling 1/6, though without drops and misreads 4/6. So not terrible, but man, egos on the field start a'yellin' at the drop of the hat. Samesaid egos do not do a corresponding amount of apologizing or self-yelling when they drop your perfect hucks (cough, cough, Cole), which is always interesting. The plus side is that everyone is above-board reasonable, so when you say "hey, it doesn't help for you to yell at me, I know when the throw is good or bad," they understand and cut the crap. Aside from that, a very fun night - I don't mean to gripe about the onfield egos, just that I've been making an effort not to yell at people on field and getting treated like an idiot by people you don't know well is less than pleasant. But overall it was a great vibe - quick, crisp games, good feelings and jokes all around. Plus, we pretty much killed the comp - about 13-7 or so in the first game, 14-3 in the second. Great to be playing some crisp, horizontal stack, dump and swing flowy Ultimate. And I even played some good D, especially at wing int he Z, though it helps when there are tons of fast guys on the field along with you so you get to guard the opponent's #4-6 options all night. SO it's nice to be playing competitive disc again; here's hoping my feet / knees / etc. hold up (and some new cleats will probably help that substantially).

So i got home pretty late to a sleeping Beck and my little critters, who, FTR, look marvelous:

DSCF2491DSCF2494

Sparkle was a little barky jerk at the clinic and Wrigley tried to bite the groomer - ugh - PLUS Beck blamed me for not wanting the groomer to spray them with cologne, which i assume will be tossed in my face tomorrow night at the office party. Great. But they are (clearly) supercute and they got baths, so they're soft taboot. Yeah dogs!

No tutoring today - I'm gonna do a little editing and recharge for an all-day calculus and chemistry-fest tomorrow. Should be exciting. In the meantime, let's hear it for blistery feet and broken toe-nails! Yeah! I think I will now look kick said ugly feet up and watch the impending thunderstorm that is rolling Phoenix's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment