Wednesday, August 15, 2007

That Which Transpired Today

I woke up very early (5:40 AM) to drive 20 miles to play 4 on 4 (sigh) Ultimate. Am I dedicated or stupid?

I dodged 101 North 8 AM traffic by playing disc golf at Vista Del Camino. I tossed my disc in the water three times, and every time it was close enough to the shore to retrieve by lying prone and sinking an arm in elbow deep. I am down to two discs because I keep losing them and don't want to spend the money to replace them. I am years away from being able to afford "real golf."

I scoured the web for some kind of reasonable for the job. This involved a lot of clicks and several go-es at editing my resume and cover letters. Money and health insurance are calling me collect. Sooooooo bourgeois.

I read up on the ASU Philo Dept., contacted their office and exchanged some e-mails with their Grad Studies Coordinator. It sounds like Fall '08 would be the earliest realistic starting date. Huzzah.

I read a book on Baseball Betting given as a wedding present by my Tufts-bud Andy. Highly interesting, but utterly ridiculous as a lifestyle and I think it would cause my cerebral vessels to explode by week three. Good stuff.

I clicked on the web some more, took the dogs for walks, and will now go feed them.

FTR, Liz had the weird dude ask her if she wanted to enter a contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment