Friday, August 29, 2008

Apocalypse Then



Wowsers. File this under "shouldn't we talk about the weather," but we got hammered with a ridiculous thunder / rain / lightning storm. The sky was exploding, grape-sizes ice pellets falling from the sky, the celestial works. Here's a sad attempt at capturing the majesty on digital film (a little less shaky than above):


Cool stuff. I took a little video, and while I recognize that watching a rainstorm on the internet is not exactly, you know, the evolution of dance, it will give you a flavor of the show:


So that was the day AZ flooded. As you can no doubt imagine, the weathermen's heads were exploding. "This is not my beautiful happy sunny face! This is not my beautiful exploding red thermometer! How did I get here?"

Fun times in the valley of the Airborne Thunderstorm Event.

No comments:

Post a Comment