Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Updating the Blog Fantastic

So I'm officially on break from reality: not teaching, just reading and watching the occasional baseball game. Classes start in three weeks (orientation in two), so I'm focusing a little bit on school subjects, trying to get myself in gear for the upcoming read-a-thon. That and selecting classes, getting stuff organized for the upcoming semester, and generally getting excited about having a purpose again.

(Okay, and I recognize that I helped a lot of kids while tutoring blah blah blah, but this little multi-year adventure represents a career-directional step, the likes of which i have not taken in quite some time. So the personal significance, and my corresponding excitement / anxiety, is how-do-you-say OFF THE CHARTS).

In other news, despite our better efforts to keep things quiet until things became official / set in stone, news leaked that Beck and I have been house hunting and have found a place. And made an offer, and received a counter-offer, and accepted a counter-offer, and written a check to a title company. So things are in motion. I stress that I do not and did not want to talk about this until it is/was finalized because there are approximately a billion things that could go wrong before we are actually moving our stuff into the new abode. But apparently people have an undying need to live vicariously, and other people, let's call them "Dr. Vet-Wife," let the news slip recently. Alas. Anyways, here's a pic of the house-as-currently-lived-in; you can click it and view other shots. We are obviously excited but reserving our partying until everything is complete; this whole process just makes me nervous (not to mention there's a blatant discordance to having the "yay I'm starting grad school" and the "yay we're buying a house" sentences in the same post. Pardon me while I vomit a Hot Pocket). Anyhoo, here ya go, enjoy:

DSCF4511

No comments:

Post a Comment