Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lacking Content

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The original intent of ye olde Ballad was a rambling account of news and things going on, plus a way to update things on the blog proper. Like reviews I'm going to write and the like. (Note: E, E, and E; The King of Kong, and Drop City all on their respective ways). It just so happens that not a lot has occurred of note recently; I'm mainly counting the days until i get started philosciencing (sciosophing?) and spending quite a bit of time chilling with the dogs. So rather than enlighten you w/r/t today's poop count, or the disemboweled rabbit outside that has been attracting oh so much attention lately, I've neglected to post for the sake of posting. Things are going to change dramatically soon, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of whining, minor key ballads in the near future. Until then, I apologize for the dearth. maybe I'll must on something tomorrow. Maybe not.

I will throw out there that I played Ultimate on Wednesday morning and had a blast. A dad named Kevin brought his four kids, aged 14, 15, 16 and 17 (all blond, home-schooled, and the oldest is going to BYU in a couple of weeks. Name that religion!), out to play, and it was just awesome. They were all skilled, knew not just basics but some finer strategic points, and brought a lot of energy. Big fun, and at the end of the morning (we play from about 6:45-7:50 for work-related purposes), we had about seven "Last Point!"s. "No, this is the last one, we swear." "Okay, just one more, but THEN we really have to go." Felt like we were all twelve on a sandlot somewhere, in some made up golden era childhood that none of us had. FUN. Great to see younguns with throws and layouts and all that. And they were competitive, no goofy stuff. Perfecto. On that note, I'm going to go play a night game in a few hours which will hopefully match the experience. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Like the rest of America, Beck and I have been plopping on the couch and watching Michael "Overrated" Phelps et al in China all week. Good times. I made some baked eggplant and French bread pizza last night to enhance the experience. Yum.

But really, that's about it. Oh, I'm listening to "The Dismemberment Plan Is Terrified" right now, an all time album. Highly recommend it. Beck is obviously not home from work yet.

More coming, I swear. Entire posts on the joys of home ownership. It's gonna be SEXY.

No comments:

Post a Comment