Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Frank

Beliefs II is up. It's hella long. Sorry. Enjoy. And comment.

In non long essay-writing news, I played one helluva Ultimate game last night. The score stayed within one or two points the entire game, and wound up tied at 12s. After the game, my teammate Tyler nicely commented that "It seems like you just decided that we were winning the game." That was excessively kind of him to say. I did "dig deep" a little bit: skyed a couple of guys for crazy scores, a couple of yoink* grabs, made some crazy layouts and grabbed a couple of Ds to seal the win, 15-12. Fun times, and I don't feel quite as crappy as last time. In fact, I'm gonna go for a run. NOW!

*yoink grab = running deep, the thrower hucks to you but underthrows it, so your defender stops and waits for it to go right to him. But you come back and layout around him to grab the underthrown disc. The defender goes from a state of "Oh crap, I'm getting burnt deep" to "Sweet, easy D" to "Where the hell did that guy come from?" Bonus points if you actually say "yoink" while making the grab.

Okay, NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment