Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dad: Tell Your Wife You Love Her Very Much (She Knows!)

Happy Anniversary to my parents!!! 37 years! According to the interwebs, your gifts to one another should be somewhere in the jade to ruby range. I am guessing they will be more in the "books" range. Am I right?

Good day yesterday here in The Valley (of a Tin Man). Beck has been working crazy hours lately and had another 7:30 - 7 day with no other doctors there to spell her. And she typically gets scheduled through lunch on such days, so I decided to trek up there and bring her some good food in the middle of the day. Except BONUS - she actually had a light day and a 1.5 hour window for lunch! So instead of just playing the role of sushi delivery man, I met up with Beck and we went to a local restaurant called El Encanto that was quite delicious. And Beck got her sopapilla fix, so withdrawal symptoms have been put off for at least another day. A nice midday date - wahoo!

Headed back and tutored for the afternoon and then had practice with Sprawl last night. A thrilling practice with eleven people. We played a lot of five on five and ran a drill. Boo-urns. Pretty disappointing. I did have to guard a local player named Rob who is HELLA-fast, so that was a good experience. But all in all, taking evenings off to play 5 man Ultimate is a little bit of a downer. It's admittedly the off-season right now, but I wasn't too pleased with that.

So back to the grind today. And a meeting down at ASU to discuss the imminent and eminent future of one me. Yowsers, should be cool, and I'll certainly let you know.

(And just in case you missed out on, oh, the music career of the greatest androgynous rocker of all time, here's where the title of this post comes from. I seriously get chills from this song pretty much every time I listen to it. I heart DB. It's a problem, I know):



No comments:

Post a Comment