Saturday, April 26, 2008

Goodness, Badness, Correction-ness

Goodness: Coming home on Friday night to chill with the pups and watch Tony Parker decimate - and yes, I mean "kill one in ten of" - the Phoenix Suns last night. That's right, D.J. Strawberry, call up M.C. Banana because you are dead, an example of what happens when Tony Parker exacts Roman Law on your coward head. (20% of Brian Skinner will be smote as well). Seriously, that was a case of one unstoppable man playing pure, aesthetic basketball. And I jest with the previous; I'm not really out for Phoenix's blood, I just like me some high quality basketball. And TP delivered. Most excellent.

Badness: back at work, and I had a tag-along new employee today. When I observe, I hang back, ask questions in between appointments, etc. I do not interrupt the person I'm observing, try to correct them when working on problems, or point out inanities (e.g., you can represent consecutive even numbers with "x, x + 2, x + 4" and this person pointed out, "that works with odd numbers, too!" Yay). I felt some palpitations today I got so frustrated with her - and mind you, she stood out as frustrating in an environment where 50% of the people don't know what "susceptible" means. Good gads, lady!

Correction-ness: it seems we here at The Ballad, Inc., TM, Conglomerate have offended one Ben Grin by insinuating in hyperbolic fashion that he spent the entire vacation with a cellphone glued to his ear. That was an untruth; he is not addicted to Crackberry. Ben partayed down like the rest of us the entire time (though he did conduct some business at moments, too). As a humble, head-bowing apology, please accept my proof that Ben indeed can get down, get funkay: here's a centerfold shot of him enjoying his margarita. Note that while this is safe for work, it is NSFYL*:

DSCF3780

*Not Safe For Your Loins

No comments:

Post a Comment