Saturday, October 11, 2008

Blistered Hand Blues, or THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

Tore it up at softball last night - nary a swing and miss, went 6-8 with some reasonable opposite field shots, line drives to left, shots through the hole, and one CRUSHED ball to left... that landed about 15 feet short of the fence. It is a SHOT out to left at that park, I tell you what. Ended up with a triple on that one (I was, um, slowed a bit by a person on base in front of me) and generally had a successful offensive day, including a slide safe at second that has left me with a skinless shin. Ah'm Baaaaaaaaccccckkkkk!!!

And I killed in the field as well, except for a diving catch that I trapped - shoulda had that one. But I gunned down a pair of baserunners and doubled a person off of first on a line drive to the outfield, so good times. Big wins in both games, and other than some illegal substituting by the other team, this game "lacked the drama" of last week's.

Stay tuned for next week's version of "Nyet relives his glory days through softball and indirectly reminisces on his failure to make it to the majors." Starring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment