Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Dont' Care How Impossible... It Seems

Halloween is rolling up, and not only is there a general SoLS Halloween party, there's a CSPO costume contest as well. So I'm feeling compelled to find myself a costume, you know, participate in ritual. And I vowed sometime ago that I wasn't even going to TRY to dress up as anything for Halloween unless it was as this guy:




That's David Byrne from the Talking Heads concert film Stop Making Sense. DB is unspeakably sublime in this film; you'd be hard-pressed to identify a better front-man act outside of Elvis. Don't believe me? Check this:



And it gets even better when he, um, interviews himself and tries to explain half of the clicky genius coursing through his head:



So the challenge here is to find that gigantic grey/blue-tinted suit and rig up some kind of coat-hanger apparatus to keep the shoulders up. I figure there's about a 0.02% chance that anyone on the entire ASU campus will have any clue as to what I am, but at least I'll be awesome in my own head. Maybe I'll carry my acoustic around and just play Psycho Killer all day.

So, these are the thoughts that occupy my head. It occurs to me that the entirety of Stop Making Sense is on Youtube, so here's a little concert list. Just a brilliant, brilliant flick if you're ever in the mood for early 80s excellence. Here ya go:

No comments:

Post a Comment