Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Royal WEfnuk: Week VIII

Blar. Not even worth a writeup, or a stat count. We walked all over this team, they quasi gave up, they gave us crap for "not throwing to the women" which, ahem, may have had SOMETHING to do with their swilly-ass sir poach-a-lot defense where they had guys running all over the field and in lanes every time a female got open. Very annoying, and after we opened the lead up something fierce we just started trying to huck / throw exclusively to the girls (and then the girl who complained originally started poaching on our new players... dios mio). Anyways, a fine time, we ran around a bit, I had a layout D (and two other Ds, actually) and some other nice throws and catches, and we won 15-5. I'm gonna give myself a NR for stats this week just because the stuff we were doing was so colosally stupid - e.g., jacking backhands to brenda in double coverage - I stopped paying attention to who was throwing or catching scores somewhere around 9-2.

And I shouldn't be so negative; it's just that the "throw to your girls" comment came from someone who clearly lacked bigger picture understanding - our girls' newness and the other team's style of defense was what was CAUSING the lack of throwing to the girls. We were calling them first cut on plays, going out of our way to get them the disc, and THEIR men kept leaving their marks (player they were guarding, for those of you who don't play/watch futbol), so we ALWAYS had men open for big gains. ABRE SUS OJOS! I don't feel it's accurate to label us as not throwing to our women, especially when we call plays for Alex and Amber late in games and routinely hit Brenda / Teri / Gen for scores. HELL, Teri once caught 12 scores in a game!

Sorry for the rant. And sorry for the dearth of late. I have a presentation to give in the AM on the Challenger explosion. After this, I have two papers to write in the next week or so, and I haven't done as much of the background research as I would like. But hopefully I'll be able to fill in the last month or so at school and wax poetically in other ways about Nyetian Valley Life.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment