Sunday, December 14, 2008

Phrase of the Week

I can't even begin to explain where this came from, but try to imagine a situation where the action has stalled out a bit, nothing seems as if it's ever going to resolve the central conflict or advance the plot one iota. The problem, whatever it may be, is simply intractable. And suddenly down the chimney slide eight drunken men dressed as St. Nick, and in their jolly gift-slinging belligerence they kick some serious ass and force the issue to a point where everything gets fixed.

Deus Ex Santa!

I think, but I could be wrong, that is precisely what American banks and auto companies are looking for these days.

Related, but not at all the same, a story that begins:

"So there I was, landing my reindeer-powered ride on the 2,278,094,164th house of the evening when I suddenly realized: "Na" comes before "Ni." I had gotten the lists backwards!"

In Medias Claus!

Yeah, I can't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment