Friday, July 10, 2009

I Wrote That?

I'm rereading a short story (50 pages, so not that short) I wrote a while back in my creative phase. I actively cracked up at the following line:

"Many of the younger dolphins exchanged what were, by definition, sideways glances."

I'm trying to think of a way to post this draft of a story, as it has a nice mix of good moments and terrible ones (it's hard to read your own work, and this story is, in retrospect, WAY too autobiographical - it's sprinkled with details that would only make sense to me, and I'm sure the average reader would be left wondering WTF? All aforementioned references to the value of obscurity aside, I really have no idea how to take it, other than to mention that there are moments that make me cringe and ones that make me smile). Anyways, it's way too long; maybe I'll try to split it up and post it piecemeal, if I get so motivated.

That's all. The story is named strat, if you exist outside of the population of three that caught it the first time around, and it involves me in Boston, the Red Sox, dolphins, and strat-o-matic. So far, anyways. I am, obviously, waiting for beck to get home, out of energy to continue my school reading for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment