Tuesday, January 9, 2007

5 minutes before class... 5 minutes after class

I mean, Meat is Mulder? Tiggers with Attitude? Aladdin Sine (personal favorite)? That's gold, Jerry, gold!

So that was a ridiculous football game last night. I find the entire exercise stupid, that they play a 12 game season and then wait a month and a half to play the championship. I suppose everyone knew that going in, but still, damn, it makes for ugly football games. Though I must give props to Florida for their spot on second half strategy - draws, rollout passes underneath, everything designed to keep the clock rolling. Of course, it helps that they continued to march the ball downfield and scored, rendering the whole exercise moot, but that was the first game I've seen in a long time where the team that was ahead by a few scores really intentionally munched up the clock the proper way in the second half. It was actually a lot like watching a poker player with a lead in chips lean on the opposition, a general "you can't hang with me and I can play this however I want." Again, all of that is going to get washed under the highlights because Florida continued to dominate so readily, but it's a good note. I also loved the coaches apparent no panic attitude after the opening kickoff. Huzzah! Good stuff, and that concludes today's pointless college football commentary.

Other than to say that I am the newest fan of Anthony Gonzalez from Ohio State, a receiver with a 4.0 who is a philosophy major. Basket-weaving: is it ethical? Props!!!

...And I just finished a terrible stats class for which I take no blame. The class was a collective dumbass. Finding means proved too difficult. Just terrible. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment