Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lines Form on My Face n' Hands!

I'm 29! I just don't know what I want!

And I have been largely awake for the entirety of my birthday thus far, because my poor Beck is sick and coughed and sneezed and generally exhaled forcefully all night. She is sick and called in as such, so she's now napping while I rock out to miscellaneous '80s tunes on the headphones. Want lyrical proof? Here: Yeah, I'm going for all I can get / Kick it from the Top 'Cause I'm Too Legit to Quit. Hey Hey. Yeah Yeah. Too Legit. (Hey - for the record, this song is actually kinda sweet. I mean that unironically - don't wrap your head around that too tightly, lest you slip into the irony-non-irony vortex).

So I gave up on sleeping around 6:30 and took los perros bonitos for a W in the windy cold (highlighted by occasional drifting flakes). Wind generally distracts, especially the S-dog, from the defecation process, so we spent more time int eh cold than usual. Brrrr-argh. But we eventually made it back to the warm comfort of inside, where I decollared the duo and put them back in bed with Beck. They are all more or less still asleep, though Sparkle did just bump the study door with her nose to alert me to the fact that she had a sock.

I had to be quiet this AM because our living room was occupied by the lovely Jill & Kate, two of my friends from med school. They ended up on the couch after staying late here last night and deciding to leave the rest of the trip into Boston for the morning Matt (another med school crony), Kate & Jill all came to Grafton last night to head out to dinner at Sebastian's. A fun time was had by all. A lot of talk of residencies and things medical was also had by all. I am on the one hand a little bothered to be hanging out with the high-risers when I am "just teaching," and on the other hand very glad I did not keep heading down that path as it becomes clearer all the time that medicine was not for me.

Then again, I'm 29, and still don't know what I want. So... um... yeah.

Other than Beck-care, the big highlights of the weekend should be hanging out tonight with th4e Grafton crew (which may or may not happen) and the football tomorrow. Exciting times here in New England as again everyone's hearts are wrapped up in the Patriots. Cool stuff. On that note, I'll leave you with a little breakdown of the championship games by good old Stephen Colbert:

No comments:

Post a Comment