Monday, February 12, 2007

Good "PR"

I'm not going to improve upon the comment that I read about this video earlier today, so I won't even try. Here is this year's entry for the PR Award, aka the Pete Rose Award, and if you know why we're calling it that, then you know:



Not much happening in the Nyetverse today - it's Teacher Appreciation Week, which means little more than a bunch of random markered up posters plastered all over the hallways and a breakfast spread in the faculty lounge. Plus, we get to go to Vinny T's this Friday for appetizers and beer / wine, but we are NOT allowed to bring our Pippen/Jordans. The financial wranglings of educational institution continues to baffle me. On the plus side, the cooler members of the faculty are going candle-pin bowling after the brouhaha, so that will be sweet.

Last night we (iF, Grin, SWAT-Goat* and I) hit up a new Mexican place around the corner. And it was good. Greasy style Tex-mex, a little bit, and the salsa was watered downa dn the margaritas not salty enough, but aside from that, excellent. I had a gigantic plate with lots of beans, cheese and rice. Excellente.

* - Speaking of the SWAT-Goat, Beck's car was still in the shop as of this AM, so I took the train into Natick. When I took it back today, Ali was nice enough to let me borrow her Accord so I didn't have to walk home the 5 miles from the train station. Holla Girl. And for the record, the reason that "Prettiest" (for this entry only) is becoming "Specialest Weaponest Andest Tactickest" is that Ali, finding herself locked out of her apartment in the cold, kicked her door in. Destroyed the lock and everything (though the bolt is still in place). I saw the boot used; it's large and in charge. And given the great success of Ali's hit comedy "That's Ali!," we're pretty sure that she has the star-power to launch a secondary Action-Drama called "SWAT-Goat," which if nothing else will feature a Heidi-cam from-inside-the-apartment shot of Ali busting in her door as its intro. Heidi, incidentally, is her dog.

And lest I forget to mention it, Benjamin shared a story in which he won $17.45 on a one dollar bet and then promptly lost $45 later that night on a hand of poker. Reno, NV, is dangerous.

S0 a good weekend - Beck and I chilled for a lot of it, and took in a fair number of Weeds episodes, a show that is fast becoming awesome. I also finished Baseball Between the Numbers and am well on my way (40 pages left) to finishing Michael Lewis's The Blind Side. Reviews will follow.

That's it until inspiration strikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment