Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Butterfinger and Oreo

Blizzard.

Got up at 5:20 this morning in anticipation of a lot of scraping and shoveling out of the driveway - but luckily at 5:55 the head of the math dept. called. SNOW DAY!

Beck and I heartily made it to the gym at about 6:30 despite the ice and got a workout in. We rule! And then I had a whole lotta nothing to do, so I taught myself a song on the guitar (Led Zep's "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"), read the poem Howl by Allen Ginsberg in a 50th anniversary edition that collects all of the manuscripts, traces the creation of the poem and fully annotates all of the verses. That was very cool; I will hit on that more tomorrow.

I also wrote a review of Baseball Between the Numbers for your reading pleasure. It's actually more of a summary and a way to remind myself of the answers to the various questions in the book, but the summary does a nice job of giving the Cliff's Notes version.

I *was* going to end the fun snow day by watching Lost with beck, but she has crashed into bed, so I will save that for video tomorrow. So I will cap off a day of relaxing and reading by reading in bed - wooha! Speaking of reading, I had intended to review The Blind Side here, but I will save that for tomorrow as well.

Speaking of eating, though, here's a classic clip to give you sweet dreams. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment