Monday, February 26, 2007

Just Because the Rhythm is Slow...


A good thing from today: I finally found an mp3 copy of Prince Fleaswallow's Rap from the video game Parappa the Rappa. We used to rock out to this video game at Lovett 509 at Rice with Jason and Will, the parappa master. It's basically a rhythm game; you tap buttons on the controller in rhythm with the music and your little psychedelic dog character raps. Sounds dumb, but it's transcendentally awesome- and besides the game, the song is awesome - a real slowed down, drawling reggae rap done by a pimp frog. But why describe with words when I can SHOW YOU:



So you can see why I've been scouring the web for this fantastic nostalgia-laden work of art. Sweetness! One more thing checked of ye olde to-do list.

This to some degree makes up for an otherwise lackluster day which I started by driving through snow for two hours only to once again learn that my students had not done their work. Beearg. I read them the riot act today; I believe the phrase "get your act together" was used.

Otherwise, just another slow day /night / teach /tutor chalk up today. Beck got home late and we watched last week's episode of Lost.

He walks among us, but he is not one of us.

In lieu of more meaningful but due to my tiredness probably downward sloping talk, I will leave you with another Muppet Show clip -there's going to be a lot of these in the coming days - of Beaker singing "Feelings."

No comments:

Post a Comment