Monday, May 5, 2008

Lost IV: The Spring Ultimate Season

Just got smoked on a windy night by Big Nate's team. We played pretty badly, turned it over a multitude of times. I didn't throw my best tonight - definitely had a wind-kicked throw to Eric that I'd like to get back - but otherwise played okay. Pretty nice on D, actually, where I had four big time layout Ds. All for naught, though. Oh, well. Also kept things relatively chilly besides a little spat early on - BN put up a hospital pass and I boxed a guy out, apparently a little too solidly for his liking. May have been legit, but I didn't really feel like the guy had any idea that I was even there so it was just as much him running into me. So contest, send the disc back. And Big N then put up another hospital punt, exact same area of the field, which I just up and skyed, and the same guy called "principle of verticality." Which, if you are not in the know, is pretty much like crying "Hey, you skyed me." Pretty dumb / lame, especially on such a up for grabs throw. Again, oh, well.

So with 2 losses in our first two pool games, we are effectively eliminated from any kind of contention and barring a miracle win next week, we don't really have a chance of finishing 2nd in the pool. So next week will be our last game of the season. Sigh.

That is all. I'm up and starving and bleeding from my knees and elbows - see layout Ds - so I will now try to scrounge a dinner and eat some cereal or something. Pretty big let down of a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment