Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Two Headed Muscle

After a short night's sleep, Aaron and I got up relatively early (7:30 or so) to play another course, Buffalo Ridge in North Phoenix. Beck also got up to hike Camelback, so we made plans to reconvene and get some brunch afterwards. Aaron and I headed out at about 8 and after a quick stop by the grocery stores (where Aaron got some neon pink, Pepto-Bismol flavored gatorade - BARF), we drove over to the desert park.

Unfortunately, on about the sixth hole, Aaron's elbow started bothering him. He's been having some pain in what appears to be the area of the biceps insertion (not that I would know about such things), and it flares up when he snaps forehands. Ouch. I've had a similar thing from tennis - note it's not tennis elbow, which is more of a backhand injury - and I can vouch that it is absolutely no good, feels like your arm is going to rip pout of socket. Aaron wanted to press on but I forbade him to do so; we walked the rest of the course and I took a few drives at my favorite holes (where I hit birdies, of course. It only drains when the holes don't count, eh?).
So our disc golf weekend got cut a little short unfortunately, but we did have some good times and got two rounds in on Thursday. Oh, well.

The timing worked out, though, as Beck ended up not really having to wait at Camelback and was done hiking at about 10:20. WE met back up at the ranch and headed to chompie's for lunch - MMMMMMMM. Beck had a Monte Cristo sandwich, Aaron had breakfast burritos, and I had Matzah Brie backed up by some chocolate chip pancakes. Sooooooo good. And sooooo much more food than we needed. But delicious. So brunch kept us sated for the day; Aaron and I came back and watched the Cubs complete their DBack sweep / the Jazz beat the lakers in OT while Beck Meghanesced the afternoon away in bed. Good Lazy Sunday to cap off a fun weekend. Aaron showered and packed, and then Beck and I drove him down to PHX airport with little trouble. Beck and I finished the evening by watching Lost, polishing off the Sunday NYT crossword puzzle and then destroying Monday's puzzle in about 11 minutes. Booyeah!

Great weekend with the bro! He got home safely and enjoyed his 27th birthday the following day. Groovy. And that's all from this front for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment