Sunday, March 18, 2007

If A.I.= The Answer, Well Then, What is the Question? (No NBA Content Within)

The question is, "how much do I love Sparkle?"

Our yard has about a foot of snow on it, plus banks, and due to the freezing rain has a nice crusty layer of ice on its surface. I started this morning by taking Beck to the airport (at 5:30), driving back, taking the dogs out (at 7:10), seeing a squirrel and thinking oh n...

SPLAT.

Wrigley and Sparkle bolted simultaneously very hard and I was standing on said ice sheet and I wiped out. If anyone else in the neighborhood had been awake they would have been highly amused. As it were, a solo performance, art for art's sake and not for the adulation. I am nothing if not sincere. Anyways, I emerged relatively unscathed.

But that is not even what I'm talking about. We took several other trips outside today, all of which involved antics of the dogs trying to balance themselves to urinate / defecate. I am heavy enough to break the ice (when I am not falling on it), but the dogs are not, so there were a whole lot of Bambi moments out there. Hilarity ensued. But Sparkle, as is her wont, went on strike. After dinner tonight, she was clearly about to explode, so i went out in the yard WITHOUT THE DOGS and stomped out a nice flat stretch for her own personal latrine. How very exciting. Mission accomplished, and a much more comfortable Sparkle now sits on the sofa, staring off into the night.

It's been that kind of a day. Tutoring, NCAA, blah. I did manage to crank it to 11.3 and learned the Theme to Buffy the Vampire Slayer *and* I reaffirmed Thursday night's learning of Uncle John's Band. Sweet! Good times.

Back to school in the A.M., though one day of inservice before the artists return. Wish me luck... and wish the Beck luck, too - her string of interviews starts tomorrow morning. She is now napping in Austin and reports that Aaron's apartment is nice, but may have violated the entirety of subheading XIV.a13 of the LSOCA (Linda's Standards of Cleanliness Act). Shocking. Knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment