Thursday, March 15, 2007

Nolan's View on Things

There's a two year old who lives upstairs from us whose name is Nolan. He's the spitting image of Calvin from Bill Watterson's comic strip. His vocabulary is (appropriate for his age) limited, but he delivers his lines with aplomb. Yesterday he spent a good deal of time in the back yard with his mom; the recent heat wave has melted all the snow, so he was shlepping around in the mud. I had an entire conversation with him that revolved around the fact that his hands were dirty. Beck had this gem of a conversation:

B: Hi Nolan!
N: Mud!
B: I see! You're all dirty.
N: You're a girl.
B: Yes, yes I am.
N: Where's your man?
B: (Laughs)
Mom, embarrassed: Nolan, that's Rebecca, and her man is Nyet.
B: He's inside.
N, not missing a beat: Mud!

So apparently even Nolan knows that we're getting married, because indeed, what's Beck doing walking around Giraffetown by herself. Where's your man?

A final note on Wedding Planning Weekend (TM). It has been pointed out to me that I perhaps overemphasized the stress of the weekend without noting the fun. Well, it was indeed fun - lotsa great food and great times. My dad and I finally got to see the HOF together which is SWEET. And we've got the Enos Slaughter & Dad pic to prove it:


And Beck and I were clearly having a good time at the cake tasting:


So fear not older reading population, all is good in Weddingville. I wish I could say the same for Wrigleyville (meaning the Cubs chances this year, not the dog, who trust me is A-okay, if A-okay means "writhing around under the covers and generally acting like a moron").


Bored with all of this wedding and dog talk? Fine, I hear ya. Check out this beautiful example of Chris Rock's ability to foretell the future... this clip is from around 1998 or so (I think).




Crazy eh? Oh, no. That's not crazy. THIS is crazy.

Until next time - when I will possibly announcing the exciting news of where my multitude of Med-friends matched and will start to dissect my upcoming fantasy baseball drafts, which are going to be awesome. I see you shiver with antici...



Pation. But maybe the rain (praise the lord, hallelujah) is really to blame (no, Sue's to blame, she made the costumes)... So I'll remove (your clothes) the cause - but NOT the


BIG CHORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment